Sunday, December 6, 2009

''LESSONS FROM THE CITY MEET''

Students, athletes, coaches, teachers. All this individuals were almost everywhere in the campus. This is the significant day in our school cause the Vigan City Athletic Meet is to be held.
It was November, 27-28, 2009. The City Meet was mainly happened in Ilocos Sur National High School ground were lot of games played. Shouting and cheering takes place on this event. Even I, I felt satisfaction, enjoyment and suspense as I watched the games. Like the other students who cheered their own school mates, I did too. We have an asssignment in this event, as a member of the Red Cross Youth, I voluntered to be a first aider in this big event like the other members of this organization. I am assigned in the volleyball. The other members went to the other games like nadminton, tennis, basketball and etc. I prefered to choose volleyball because it is one of my favorite sports. There were seven of us assigned in the game. And as the game starts I felt a little nervous, not the fear of having someone to be aided but because I felt excited in this game, mostly it is played by the ISNHS team and the DWCV team. At the 1st set of the game, the ISNHS team showed their very good abilities making the other team felt nervous. The 1st match won by the ISNHS team and I am very glad of that thinking that they might finish the game so easily, but in the second match, the game is a draw and I felt disappointed cause I sensed that they let their selves overconfident. At the 3rd set of the game, I felt so uneasy and more disappointed because the team was lost and I wonderd, why? Maybe they were oveconfident on that game? My enjoyment was faded so easily because of that.
I will never forget that event cause I learned one and important thing and lesson. Its about "never expect so high cause this could lead you to disappointment whereas you don't know what would happen next. I realized that myself, thanks to that event. Next time, I will know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment